Terms and Conditions for Whitewater Rafting
Booking Terms and Conditions
- If you are rafting for a charity and wish to recover reimbursement of the booking deposit and the cost of the rafting, you must raise the minimum sponsorship money as detailed on this website
- The balance of the sponsorship money must be paid on the day. Please note that wetsuits are available at an extra charge and at some centres these are compulsory - please call us for full details.
- The booking deposit is completely non-refundable. This fee is payable to Skyline Promotions Ltd and covers various costs including without limitation assisting you to find a site where you can carry out your rafting.
- If your team cancels or changes its rafting date within 4 weeks of the rafting date you will be liable to pay the booking deposit again. This is in addition to the initial booking deposit and is not in any way deductible from any sponsorship money raised for a charity. However individual team members may be substituted at any time by calling the number below with the details.
- Water levels and water quality vary at all sites and both factors may prevent rafting at late notice. In particular, water levels at North Wales are dictated by reservoir releases and rafting is therefore subject to late cancellation; water quality can be variable at the Nottingham site and accordingly the rafting may be cancelled due to this.
- Skyline Promotions Ltd in consideration of the payment of the booking deposit will take all reasonable steps to arrange your whitewater rafting activity. Skyline Promotions Ltd acts as your agent in arranging for your rafting and not as the agent for the whitewater rafting company. Skyline Promotions Ltd use only those companies who have held themselves out to be reputable and to have the requisite capability and skill to undertake whitewater rafting and the training thereof. No representations or warranties of any kind are made by Skyline Promotions Ltd as to the suitability, capability, quality of training or operation of any event by such a company. Any queries or complaints with regards to these aspects should be referred to the whitewater rafting company concerned.
You do not have to be an athlete to go rafting but you should be reasonably fit, feel confident in water and be aged between 14 and 65 (those under 18 will need parental consent). Most centres have weight limits of 17st apart from Nottingham where the weight limit is 14.5st. Those who are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs should not take part and those with asthma, epilepsy, diabetes or a heart condition should consult their doctor; if you have any doubts at all about your suitability you should consult your doctor.
The whitewater rafting company operating this event have their own insurance in respect of legal liability to others. However unless they have a liability to you this will not cover you for your own personal injury or for your liability to third parties. You are therefore strongly recommended to take out your own insurance cover for personal accident and public liability benefits to whatever level you consider appropriate. You can do this either in conjunction with your own insurance broker or you may call us on the number below and we will send you a Personal Insurance Form. If in any doubt you should seek independent advice.
Whitewater rafting is an adventure sport and participation in such sports necessarily involves a risk of injury or death regardless of the standard of training, supervision and equipment employed. I voluntarily accept all the risks inherent in the sport and I agree for myself and my personal representatives to indemnify and hold harmless Skyline Promotions Ltd against any claim or claims whether on my own account or from third parties arising out of any accident or incident resulting in any loss or damage (including bodily injury and death).
By completing your booking on-line you are confirming that you have read all the above sections marked Booking Terms and Conditions, Medical Restrictions, Insurance and Important Notice, and understand and agree to be bound to those terms and conditions and to comply fully with the same.