BUPA Great North Run 2012 with Asthma UK
16 September 2012
The Bupa Great North Run is the world's biggest and best-loved half marathon. Take part in this amazing race in support of Asthma UK that starts in the centre of Newcastle and finishes on the coast.
Asthma UK will support you every step of the way, whether you're using a guaranteed place or came through the ballot. Every member of our team will receive:
- running advice - from the type of trainers to wear, to training programmes and stretching advice. Every runner will be kitted out with a full training schedule.
- a fundraising pack - this is crammed with useful hints and tips to help you raise money for Asthma UK. We have years of experience in helping people raise sponsorship, and if you have any questions, please just give us a call.
- access to our online training page an exclusive Asthma UK running vest.
- a cheering point en route.
- a post-race reception where you can relax, have a massage from one of our sports therapists and celebrate your achievement with the Events team.
- access to our Great North Run Facebook group to chat to other runners.
Once you have signed up, our experienced events team is on hand to help you reach your fundraising goals and support you on this event.
Event Further Information:
Three people a day die from asthma. Asthma UK is the charity dedicated to changing this. We fund research and offer support because 90% of asthma deaths are preventable.
One of the vital services Asthma UK provides is the Adviceline which is staffed by asthma nurse specialists. They provide confidential advice and support to people with asthma and those who care for them.
"When I spoke to the Asthma UK nurses they were so knowledgeable and so sympathetic. They gave me so much good and needed advice they were amazing."
Asthma UK is the largest voluntary funder of asthma research in the UK, investing over £50 million to date to find new treatments and ultimately a cure for asthma. For some people with asthma even climbing the stairs can feel like a mountain, never mind going outside their home, and with your help Asthma UK are working to change this.
So pull on your running shoes and register today to help people with asthma.
Share on Facebook
Email to Friends
Tell your friends about this event
Type or paste your friends emails in here
The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited
e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party